Welcome to Libertolaw.com
Shelley M. Liberto is a business and commercial law attorney practicing transactions, litigation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in California since 1987. He is also an international legal and judicial reform expert who has resided and worked abroad for over 12 years.
Mr. Liberto's development experience spans the Middle East from the Arabian Gulf to the Levant and North Africa, as well as East and West Africa. He has served as both long term and short term consultant on development projects for USAID, the World Bank-IFC, the European Union and private sector interests.
Mr. Liberto has worked in the capacities of Team Leader and Chief of Party, as well as long term and short term independent consultant to ongoing development projects. Mr. Liberto has also represented private interests before the arbitration panel of the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris. He is fluent in English, French and dialectal Arabic, and is a dual US and Italian national.
Areas of FocusDomestic Practice
- • Commercial and business litigation
- • Business transactions
- • Enterprise liability for debts of bankrupt companies
- • Intellectual property licensing, litigation and royalty enforcement
- • Real estate disputes and transactions
- • Business litigation
- • Judicial training and reform
- • Interim and final evaluation of development projects
- • Institutionalization of ADR, mediation and arbitration systems
- • Commercial law reform
- • Judicial ethics
- • Court administrative reform
- • Legislative reform
- • Intellectual property rights (IPR) reform